Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty® (AGCS) fourth annual Safety and Shipping Review 2016, which analyzes reported shipping losses of over 100 gross tons.
2015: Safest Year in Shipping in the Last Decade
Although the number of losses remained stable, declining by just 3% compared with the previous year (88), 2015 was the safest year in shipping for a decade. Losses have declined by 45% since 2006, driven by an increasingly robust safety environment and self-regulation.
Cargo and fishing vessels accounted for over 60% of ships lost globally, with cargo losses up for the first time in three years. The most common cause of total losses is foundering (sinking), accounting for almost 75% of losses, up 25%, and often driven by bad weather.
For more information and to download the full report in PDF format please visit: https://cyberpolicymagazine.com/images/pdf-downloads/AGCS%20Safety%20Shipping%20Review%202016%20Executive%20Summary.pdf
To download the executive summary in PDF format visit: https://cyberpolicymagazine.com/images/pdf-downloads/AGCS%20Safety%20Shipping%20Review%202016%20Executive%20Summary.pdf
- PDF REPORT: Counting The Cost Cyber Exposure Decoded
- Fitch: Rapid Growth in Cyber Insurance Would Be Credit-Negative
- Chubb's Expanded Global Cyber Practice Launches Service To Help Firms Combat Ransomware Attacks
- Two-Thirds Of Business Decision Makers Expect To Suffer An Information Security Breach
- The Global Forum to Advance Cyber Resilience Holds Inaugural Meeting at the Kogod Cybersecurity Governance Center, February 18, 2016